Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meet the Girls

Our newest members- Demeter, Athena, and AnnabethThe kids convinced me to adopt {the girls}. They found them on pigeepoo adoption. I of course am somewhat skeptical about these cute little piggies. But being the sucker I am I gave in. They eat salad every day and enjoy "grass time" outside. Thats ok, only problem is these cute little critters require a cage about the size of a twin bed. I am not exaggerating here. I will have to take a picture to post . Maybe we will find a place or I should say a room for them. Right now they are bunking with Rainey in his room. Storry has already given it a try and has kicked them out. Did I mention that their cage is very large and all the pine bedding and hay they live in is strewn all over my floors from the basement to the stairs to the upstairs. Oh and did I also mention that my kids clothing, bedding and towels are covered in this stuff as well. My entire being says they must go but my children love them. Do I break their hearts or do I do the super good mom thing and just find a way to deal. Did I also mention I am super crazy about cleanliness and this is driving me crazy!!!! For now super mom wins...stay tuned.
Demeter is Annabeths mom


All named after Greek Gods for their wisdom.

Ok you have to admit they are very cute! Didn't help to see G Force. It was a fun movie but the kids had already decided they needed to have guineas. Beware moms, kids will ask for these. Be strong, just say no.




3 comments:

  1. Better Mom than I as I said "no, no, no!!!" when the kids were young. Couldn't stand the smell! Either Kristen or Hanah had the classroom guinea pig home for a weekend and that was enough for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good Mom you are! Martha Stewart says that all children should care for pets as it's good for their character. Just look at the character building you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all this time I thought Athena was Anna Beth's mom, not Demeter...who knew?

    Just kidding, couldn't resist. We are reading Percy Jackson at our house right now in preparation for the movie! We are all way excited!

    I found your blog tonight by random means following links from one blog to the next to the next.

    Cute blog, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete